Steps To Getting Your Security License

  • Get two passport size colour photos

( Check out any store such as, Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart or Staples

  • Get a criminal record check

This check must include these elements:

  • criminal record
  • vulnerable sector
  • local database

Get passport-size colour photo signed on the back by the police service

(For more info, contact your local police or visit )

Fill out and print out the application form online.

Make sure you have the following before you go to the registry:

Gather your documents

When you apply, you’ll need to provide photocopies of your:

  • Canadian photo ID
  • approved training course certificate or proof from trainer

You’ll also need to provide a current:

  • police information and criminal record check
  • passport-size colour photo signed on the back by the police service

When finished, you can make a payment of $109.00 at the registry listed below. 

Sherwood Park Location (Closer to Edmonton)

Go to Registry on Wye. Bring your application filled out. Pay for your Security license directly with them to get your SAME DAY TEMPORARY license

  • Address Contact : 
  • 780-417-7300 (P),
  • 780-417-7309 (F)
  • Wye Business Center
  •  #440, 450 Ordze Road
  • Sherwood Park, AB T8B 0C5

Medicine Hat Locations:

The Licence Bureau on Kingsway

  • 672 Kingsway Avenue SE
  • Medicine Hat, Alberta  T1A 2X1


The Licence Place
  • 177 12 Street NE
  • Medicine Hat, Alberta  T1A 5T6